Saturday, June 17, 2006

dsfdhsfdhshfFIVE DOLLARS?!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!? Get outta here....

So, I leave for the airport to go to Kosovo in say...oh...I dunno...about sixteen hours or so, give or take a few minutes. Funny thing is, I'm completely calm about it all. I mean, I'm a bit anxious because I feel like I've forgotten to pack something, but that's about it. Other than that, I feel really at ease. I hope and pray that that means that good things are to come from this trip.

So anyway, I didn't ever write about my amazing journey on Wednesday that involved me buying a crapload of books for dirt-cheap from the booksale at the library. Because I know you'd all love to hear about it, here's a fantabulous list of what I got:

Katie Maxwell, They Wear What Under Their Kilts?
Stephen R. Lawhead, Avalon: The Return of King Arthur
Dave Gross, Black Wolf
Piers Anthony, Faun & Games
Mel Odom, The Rover
Steven Erikson, Gardens of the Moon
L. E. Modesitt, jr., The Spellsong War
Gerasimos Xenophon Santas, Socrates: Philosophy in Plato's Early Dialogues

I also picked up a set of two very, very old volumes, which are known as The Complete Works of William Shakespeare. They contain all of his plays, poems, and sonnets, which is just fabulous for me, since one of my goals this summer is to read all of his works. They also had an entire set of the Deluxe Edition of The Harvard Classics, which had the likes of all of the old, famous writers, philosophers, etc, and I really, really, really wanted to get the whole set, as the whole thing would have only cost me $4.50, which is horrendously cheap considering what they are and the fact that they're all hardcover, but my mom said I didn't have enough room for them and couldn't buy them. I convinced her into letting me buy at least two, and ended up just getting the books for Homer and Dante. I love the Odyssey, and have always wanted to read Inferno, so I just figured I'd get those two. Poopy...I wanted the whole set. :p

I haven't read any of the books yet, but I'm bringing the philosophy one with me to Kosovo, so yeah. I will probably post more on the books once I actually read them. I shall be going now.

"Books have to be heavy because they hold the whole world inside of them." Meggie in Cornelia Funke's Inkheart, quoting her father Mo

No comments: