Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

OH MAI GAWD.

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE CAME OUT LAST NIGHT, AND IT WAS FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!!!

I can't even write about it anymore because I've already done it a thousand times and I can't type anymore...but I will copy and post my original reactions to it, which were posted on the Nuthouse. My original post (with the exception of one thing) should basically make sense, but the rest of the posts after that (which I will mark) might not as much because they were in response to other posts. Therefore, I will clarify a bit and explain what they were in reference to. Enjoy!

Original Post:
WARNING: THIS POST IS RIDICULOUSLY LONG AND FULL OF NOT ONLY SPOILERS, BUT LOTS AND LOTS OF CAPS-LOCK AND SWEARZ. ALSO, IT HAS NO ORDER AND PROBABLY MAKES NO SENSE. SO YEAH. WORD.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I THINK I JUST DIED AND WENT TO FANGIRL HEAVEN. THAT WAS THE MOST EPIC PIECE OF FREAKING AWESOMENESS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN.

I FUCKING LOVE HARRY POTTER.

RON IS FUCKING ADORABLE.

FELIX FELICIS!HARRY IS SO LULZ.

SLUGHORN IS FANTASTIC.

DUMBLEDORE WAS DAMN HILARIOUS.

RON/LAVENDER MADE ME WANT TO VOMIT.

HARRY/GINNY, I SHIT YOU NEGATIVE, ACTUALLY MADE ME VERY HAPPY.

MCGONAGALL IS THE SHIT.

SAD!DRACO MADE ME VERY SAD. :(

SNAPE WAS THE MOST BADASS THING IN THE ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE, AND I TOTALLY WANTED TO THROW HIM UP AGAINST THE WALL AND HAVE MY WAY WITH HIM.

BELLATRIX WAS THE SECOND MOST BADASS THING IN THE WHOLE MOVIE.

I FUCKING LOVE HARRY POTTER.


...Now that all of the expletives and insane yelling are out of the way...OH MY GOD, I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!

Seriously, I cried during this movie. I freaking cried. When I read OotP, I bawled like a freaking schoolgirl, and was depressed for two freaking days. But yet, when I saw movie!OotP, I was just like, "Ah, that's sad..." and then moved on. When I read HBP, I got a little misty eyed when Dumbles died, but I didn't cry. And yet, what happened during this movie? I freaking cried! I got all choked up when Harry started force-feeding Dumbles the potion, and it was just downhill from there. Seeing Draco be all emotional, and then seeing Dumbles die, and seeing Snape obviously not happy...god, I cried. And then when Harry found Dumbledore's body, I cried some more, and and when they all raised their wands for him and everyone else was crying too, there were more tears. I just felt awful about it all.

And Jesus Christ, the Sectumsempra scene!! Honestly, I didn't really like HBP my first time through, and I always joked I hated everything up until the second-to-last paragraph of page 521 in that book, because that's when Harry uses Sectumsempra and from that point on, the book got freaking awesome. And when that scene came in the movie, oh sweet jebus was I ready for it. I knew it was coming, and I started to tense up and get all nervous, and when I saw Draco crying, my heart cracked a little bit cause it was so sad. But with the curse itself, as soon as Harry said the word, I got immediately tense and just...I don't know, like, ridiculously tight chested or something. And that whole time he was walking up to Malfoy, it kept getting worse, and then he sees what he did, and it got even worse, and then Snape fucking comes in and sees what happened and he gives Harry that freaking look, and then I lost it. I got all emotional, and though I didn't cry, that tight feeling just got ridiculous and I got all misty-eyed and it was just like that awful, hollow feeling again. And then he runs out, and Snape starts healing Draco, and it gets even even worse, and then Harry is all upset by it, and just...GOD. I thought I was going to freaking lose it. It was just that shocking, hollow kinda feeling, similar to when Dumbledore died and yet, different. To be honest, I was a little upset that they didn't make the slashes and stuff a little more epic looking, but still...probably one of my favorite scenes in the movie. It was fucking brilliant.

And then the scene with Snape at the end! When he was behind Harry and told him to stay quiet, and Harry lowered his wand thinking that Snape was going to help, and I'm sitting in my chair knowing that he's not going to...God, that was so awful too! In the book, Harry was under the invisibility cloak and in a body bind, too, wasn't he? So he was physically prevented from doing anything. But in the movie, he could have actually done something about it, and instead, he put all his trust in Snape and just let him walk in and kill Dumbledore. And to me, I loved the change, because it made it just that much more tragic.

[Quoting Jess:]
Bellatrix, I kind of love her. Kind of.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN JESS!! I hate her because she killed Sirius and she's the biggest bitch ever, but I can't help but freaking love her at the same time! I blame most of that on Helena Bonham Carter because she's so freaking brilliant, but still...God, I don't want to like her, but I freaking do. She was so ridiculously awesome and badass and I just...God, I love her.

And speaking of characters, LUNA!! OH MY GOD, EVANNA LYNCH IS MY FREAKING HERO. I LOVE THAT GIRL AND WANT TO BE HER BEST FRIEND.

And McGonagall! You know, I always forget about her, but every time I see her in the movies or read her lines in the books, I'm reminded of how much I love her character. She's witty and cool and just awesome, yet at the same time, super sensitive when she needs to be. The scene at the end where she's with Harry in Dumbledore's office was just so sad, but I loved her for it.

AND THE D-BOX! IT WAS SO BOMB!! It was mostly during Apparition scenes, Quidditch, the Pensieve stuff, and then the cave/battle at the end, but it was so worth it! :D

I realized they left out so much, but honestly, the only thing that I'm really disappointed about is the big thing at the end between Snape and Harry. I love that part so much in the book, and I was kind of upset that they didn't do more with that. It's like, Snape didn't even really get upset that Harry called him a coward, and that kind of irritated me. I loved Harry repeatedly throwing curses at him, particularly Sectumsempra and then the corresponding reveal where Snape tells him that he's the Half-Blood Prince, but I just still felt that the scene was...lacking. I wanted Snape to explode and do the whole, "I AM NOT A COWARD!" line, and go fucking apeshit on Harry, and it didn't happen, and I was really disappointed. And while I did love how it was revealed that Snape was the HBP because of the Sectumsempra thing, in all honesty, it seemed a bit anticlimactic. Like, he just says it, and then kinda walks away, and that's that. WTF?

Finally, I will end this post with my favorite line from the movie:

"So, did you and Ginny do it?"

OH THE LULZ.


Post Two:
[talking about the Sectumsempra scene] I know! That scene was just...just...GAH, I can't even describe it. Like so awful and yet so awesome, and just...yeah.

[About loving Snape] AND I KNOW. I'm telling you, it wasn't until probably OotP that I really started to like Snape - like, I often found him kind of witty or funny or something, but didn't really like him until OotP - and my love for him has just been growing ever since. Snape is the definition of "the shit." Like, he is the biggest BAMF ever, and I freaking LOVE HIM. (And having the sexy Alan Rickman playing him just makes me love him that much more...God, I love that man.)

*cheers for the movie and having a good night* This is definitely one of the nights I'm going to remember most when it comes to HP. *nods*


Post Three:
I know. God, Snape...what a fucking beast. I would do him in a freaking heartbeat, especially if it was Alan!Snape. If I ever met/saw Alan Rickman, I would, no joke, ask to have his babies. He's hot and has the sexiest voice ever and is my all-time favorite actor. I love that man. And I love him as Snape so freaking much. Like you said, that look when he killed Dumbledore - brilliant!

I loved the one-liners and the humor, too, and I'm so glad they kept it. :)

[About them leaving out a bunch of the Pensieve scenes/Voldemort history] I was kinda "eh" about missing the extra stuff about Voldie. Like, for me personally, because I knew the rest of the history, I honestly wasn't that upset about it. Normally, I get pissed when they leave that stuff out, regardless of the fact that I've read the book and know what's going on. But in this case...I knew what was going on and for some reason didn't really mind that they left it all out. I was surprised they did, especially because I think it's really leaving so much out for people who haven't read the books and makes it just that much harder to get or follow, but again, I was personally okay with it.

And I agree - I wish there would have been more action and less romance. I liked the romance, of course, but I wish they would have substituted some for a bit more action. I was really hoping for a bit more of a "battle" at the end instead of just the main showdown between Dumbledore and Snape, you know? I was satisfied with what they gave us, but wished there could have been a little more to the ending.

But yes, this was indeed one BAMF of a movie.

Yeah, I think she'll [Meredith] enjoy Greyback, although, to be honest, I thought he'd have a slightly bigger role. He was scary though!! I'll give him that. And yes, I wished for more Sirius grieving, though I figured they'd cut that...after all, JKR did, so why would they spend any time on it in the movie? :P And Remus was a jerk to Harry. To be honest, that part did piss me off a little bit. I also didn't like that he and Tonks seemed pretty close at that point, too, when she was still supposed to be all depressed about it then.


Post Four:
[Talking about the Remus/Tonks thing] Don't get me wrong, I hate RL/NT, but the way they presented it in the movie was kinda gay. I hope they totally don't skip over it all in DH, but they probably will, and just shorten it like you mentioned, TGBTA.

God, I just want to watch the Sectumsempra scene again. And again. And again. That scene was freaking gorgeously done. I loved it.




So yeah...I LOVED THAT FREAKING MOVIE. BEST HP FILM YET.

And just for fun...here's a video from the news this morning about the new film which was filmed at the MoA last night while I was waiting in line for the movie.



THAT IS ALL.

~*~
"Once again I must ask too much of you, Harry."
- Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
~*~

No comments: