Sunday, November 08, 2009

...Try to understand. There are two kinds of college students -- jocks and nerds. As a jock, it is my duty to give nerds a hard time!

I WENT AND SAW HBP AGAIN TONIGHT AND OH MY GOD IT'S STILL AS AMAZING AS EVER.

It's at all the cheap theaters now, and since my bro hadn't seen it yet, I told him I'd take him. OH GOD IT WAS GREAT. My brother really liked it, too - he agreed that it was the best one yet. Course, he kind of hates most of the other ones, so there wasn't much to beat, but...well, still. :P AND OH MY GOD, I FINALLY SAW THE HOUR GLASSES THIS TIME!!! *DIES A MILLION TIMES* At the end, when they show the Great Hall right before they cut to the scene with Harry and McGonagrizzle in Dumbledore's office, you can see the hour glasses up at the front of the hall on the right hand side. That's the first time I've ever seen them! IT WAS BOMB. :D

Basically, I am really excited for December 8th. :)



...OH, AND PS, SINCE I POSTED THIS AFTER SEEING IT IN IMAX ON THE NUTHOUSE AND NEVER POSTED IT HERE, I WANT TO POST THIS LITTLE BIT OF INFORMATION NOW BECAUSE WHEN I SAW IT I FELT LIKE THE BOMB DIGGITY (and when I told my brother this tonight after we saw the movie, he goes, "Oh my God, how did you pick up on that?! You're such a nerd!!).

COPY AND PASTED FROM MY POST ON THE NUTHOUSE ON AUGUST 1ST, 2009:

Oh, but I did remember one other thing from the movie that I picked up on the first time that I had forgotten about, but which I thought was really cool! There's the scene where Dumbledore takes off Gaunt's ring and sets it down on the table, and Harry reaches out to touch it, and there's this awesome foreshadowing sort of sequence. He suddenly gets like, this vision type thing of all of these different images (memories?) of Tom Riddle and bad stuffz, and then he suddenly like snaps out of it, and he kind of like makes this weird, almost neck cracking motion where he twitches his head, and it's EXACTLY THE SAME MOVEMENT THAT VOLDEMORT DID WHEN HE'S RESURRECTED IN GOF! And then Dumbledore gets this creeped out look on his face and suddenly looks at Harry's scar, and then he looks back and forth between the ring and Harry's scar again as he's talking about Horcruxes, and then he says, "I think I found another one," or something, and you assume it's just about the locket because he starts talking about their mission to the cave then, but it's too much of a coincidence to not have some sort of double meaning, you know? If you're not paying attention or haven't read the books, you probably wouldn't think anything of it, but knowing what we know about Harry being a Horcrux, it's totally foreshadowing that. I just thought that it was a really cool little scene, and actually done really well. :)


OH GOD AM I GREAT OR WHAT?! :DD

OKAY THAT IS ALL. KTHXBYE.

~o~*~o~

Hermione: [snaps her fingers] Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One.
Harry: But I am the Chosen One.
[Hermione smacks him on the head with the newspaper]
Harry Potter: Sorry...kidding!
-From the film version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

No comments: